Meteor Strike Media is looking for Korean translators! Rewriters and translators are the core of our staff, and work together to create the high quality releases our group is known for.
Translators work on producing accurate, true to original translations of novels, and help ensure that rewrites don’t stray too far from the original work.
- Rewrite from raws to comprehensible English free of logic holes and excessive grammar and syntax mistakes.
- Ensure accurate translations on completed chapters, and work with rewriters, and the staff at large, to ensure that translations do not deviate excessively from the original.
- Set standards on domain-specific terms.
- Assist other translators if needed, on a variety of projects.
- Work with rewriters on issues concerning accuracy, word choices, and edits.
- Accurately keep the team up to date on your status.
- Be reasonably fluent in the language you intend to translate from, and be reasonably fluent in English. You should have no problem reading a standard light novel in the native language, and have no problem communicating in English.
- Dedicate at least a few hours per week on translations. Expect to produce a minimum of 3000 English words of translation per week.
- Be available for communication (preferably by Discord) at a reasonable frequency, to check in with the team and communicate on future endeavors.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism, and compromise with others with different viewpoints.
- Please PM Rytaleon#4699 with your interest by Discord, or apply directly here, and simply attach an email and a Discord alias if applicable. If you’re already working on a novel, or if you have one in mind you think is really great, attach both the raw and your translation.
- Otherwise, simply notify us of your interest. You will be contacted (by Discord, if possible, otherwise by email), and asked to take a short translating test.
- Applicable translators will review your submission, and then existing translators and rewriters will discuss your submission together.
- After this, the staff will be given the opportunity to have a brief chat with you, before we discuss your application. We will notify you of the results shortly after.
This is a payed position. The amount varies based on factors such as chapter length and the number of chapters being translated per week. Please PM Slimicee#9995 to discuss this further, if you’re interested.
|Job Category||Chinese Translator, Japanese Translator, Korean Translator, Translator|